Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all website development / design services provided by GK Style to the Client.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
- GK Style does provide support and maintenance based on purchased plan. Once the site is live, and after the time period of agreed support, the client is responsible for the maintenance of the website.
- If the client would like any features to be added that are not included in the website packages then additional charges will apply.
- All websites that are to be designed must not break any laws and should be strictly business related.
- If customers opt for GK Style to setup hosting for your website, GK Style has the right to charge an additional fee if your website’s bandwidth or file space exceeds what GK Style considers reasonable.
- You may be charged extra for email accounts, databases and other add-on services and products.
- GK Style cannot be held responsible for the failure of email setups on computer, phone or other electrical devices.
- All GK Style services may be used for lawful purposes only. You agree to indemnify and hold GK Style harmless from any claims resulting from your use of our service that damages you or any other party.
- Client is to provide all the required information in advance. On any occasion where progress cannot be made with your website because we have not been given the required information in the agreed time frame, and we are delayed as result, we reserve the right to impose a surcharge of up to 25%. If your project involves Search Engine Optimization we need the text content for your site in advance so that the SEO can be planned and completed efficiently.
- If you agree to provide us with the required information and subsequently fail to do within one 7 working days of project commencement, we reserve the right to close the project and the balance remaining becomes payable immediately. No refund will be applicable.
- Text content should be delivered as a Microsoft Word, email (or similar) document with the pages in the supplied document representing the content of the relevant pages on your website. These pages should have the same titles as the agreed website pages. contact us if you need clarification on this.
- All changes that need to be made will have to be emailed to [email protected].
- Once all information is received and design/themes etc are chosen the client will have a chance to review the website before it goes live.
- Client is responsible for renewing their plan’ packages after 1 year of any plans purchase date. This includes hosting, domain names, emails, maintenance and other annual packages. GK Style has the right to change this plan’ fee at any given time.
- If a customer wishes to stop using GK Style’ services after the agreed contract period it is their responsibility to cancel any standing orders, otherwise GK Style will continue to carry out the monthly work that was set out in the initial agreement. We will not give any refunds to customers who have forgotten to cancel their standing orders.
- GK Style have the right to cancel all services if the customer has not made a renewal payment within 30 days of the agreed renewal date. This includes the cancellation of domain names.
- Charges for services to be provided by GK Style are defined in the project quotation that the Client receives via e-mail. Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days. GK Style reserves the right to alter or decline to provide a quotation after expiry of the 30 days.
- Unless agreed otherwise with the Client, all website design services require an advance payment of a minimum of (50%) of the project quotation total before the work is supplied to the Client for review. with the remaining (50%) of the project quotation total due upon completion of the work, prior to upload to the server or release of materials.
- Payment for services is due by Cash, Cheque, Bank transfer, Western Union and PayPal.
- GK Style makes every effort to ensure websites are designed to be viewed by the majority of visitors. Websites are designed to work with the most popular current browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc..) Client agrees that GK Style cannot guarantee correct functionality with all browser software across different operating systems.
- GK Style cannot accept responsibility for web pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after the website have been designed and handed over to the Client. As such, GK Style reserves the right to quote for any work involved in changing the website design or website code for it to work with updated browser software.
Termination of services by the Client must be requested in a written notice and will be effective on receipt of such notice. E-mail or telephone requests for termination of services will not be honoured until and unless confirmed in writing. The Client will be invoiced for work completed to the date of first notice of cancellation for payment in full within thirty (30) days.
- The Client retains the copyright to data, files and graphic logos provided by the Client, and grants GK Style the rights to publish and use such material.
- The Client must obtain permission and rights to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party. The Client is further responsible for granting GK Style permission and rights for use of the same and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless GK Style from any and all claims resulting from the Client’s negligence or inability to obtain proper copyright permissions.
- A contract for website design and/or placement shall be regarded as a guarantee by the Client to GK Style that all such permissions and authorities have been obtained. Evidence of permissions and authorities may be requested.
9. Design Credit
A link to GK Style will appear in either small type or by a small graphic at the bottom of the Client’s website. If a graphic is used, it will be designed to fit in with the overall site design. If a client requests that the design credit be removed, a nominal fee of 10% of the total development charges will be applied. When total development charges are less than $3000, a fixed fee of $500 will be applied. The Client also agrees that the website developed for the Client may be presented in GK Style’s portfolio.
- Loss or damage caused by any inaccuracy;
- Loss or damage caused by omission;
- Loss or damage caused by delay or error, whether the result of negligence or other cause in the production of the web site;
- Loss or damage to clients’ artwork/photos, supplied for the site. Immaterial whether the loss or damage results from negligence or otherwise.
- The entire liability of GK Style to the Client in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this Agreement, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the charges paid for the Services under this Agreement in respect of which the breach has arisen.